Becca Groves Header
 photo home_zps1cc7d3c8.png photo start_zpsa2c6c1a1.png photo motherhood_zps5b7bd8a5.png photo grovestead_zpsa872b0de.png  photo bees_zps9cbb22f2.png  photo contact_zps6de91cd9.png

high school reunion

So this is Heidi and I, right before we drove in to Minneapolis to find our friends of years gone by. We had a blast, laughed hard all night long...but hardest as we got ready for the reunion. There is a fine line of how one should appear at a reunion. You've got to look nice, but you can't look like you're trying too hard. But you want to look more put together than you did 10 years ago. Heidi and I far surpassed our high school look, simply by showering and not wearing sweatpants. Honestly, I don't know what planet we were on our last two years of high school, but when the world around us was caught up in social status and looking good, we actually would compliment the other if one had taken a shower and put on chap stick.

There were a few girls that came to this reunion looking like they really thought through their outfits. (Heidi and I thought through our outfits, but just didn't look so obviously like we had.) There was a very slinky sexy outfit in the room that didn't quite fit in, complete with very shiny thigh high boots with a very short black skirt. There was another girl who was exposing much of her breasts, so much so that I had trouble holding conversations when she was in eye shot because it was just that much boob. But obviously, their trying hard worked...since I'm still talking about them.

Overall, I wouldn't miss another reunion. I had a blast, loved catching up with friends (especially the ones I went to elementary school with) and really enjoyed hearing what people are up to and what makes them happy.

2 comments:

Beth said...

LOL... "because it was just that much boob."

Mwahaha.

Love you!

Unknown said...

Oh Bec I love you! I don't think our reunion weekend could have been much better-I loved every minute of it! God is so good-I feel so very blessed to have you and can't wait until our next reunion!