Becca Groves Header
 photo home_zps1cc7d3c8.png photo start_zpsa2c6c1a1.png photo motherhood_zps5b7bd8a5.png photo grovestead_zpsa872b0de.png  photo bees_zps9cbb22f2.png  photo contact_zps6de91cd9.png

our superbowl






Sunday came around, and it was time to stop going places. Do you ever just hit that wall? I have been in and out all month, and I just wanted time in my own livingroom. So we cancelled our superbowl plans, and decided to lay low.

We watched the game and commercials, after we tivo'd an hour or so, allowing us to skip through the many car and cbs commercials.

At some point during the game the multi-taskers in us took over, and I made sugar cookies and Rory built a battery-free radio. I was happily mixing my dough and Rory was happily coiling wire. By the time the Saints won, we feasted on cookies and milk and listened to the talk radio station Rory found on his little radio. He kept saying, "lick your fingers and then stick this wire between them and then you'll hear the station." No clue how that actually works, but it sure was cool.

3 comments:

Casey Fuerst said...

The kids and I made frosted heart cookies on Sunday too - must be in the air!

Kristin said...

Yum! Can i get the frosting recipe???

Becca Groves said...

Kristin, this time I used cream cheese instead of butter just because I was out of butter. So I creamed the cheese, added a cap full of vanilla and then probably half a bag of powdered sugar. Then I added a tinsy bit of milk (maybe a teaspoon) and let the Kitchen Aid mix the life out of it. I think that's how it got so glossy. It's gorgeous frosting.

But I'm still partial to straight up butter instead of cream cheese. That's my first pick (and rory's) though I still eat these four at a time...