Becca Groves Header
 photo home_zps1cc7d3c8.png photo start_zpsa2c6c1a1.png photo motherhood_zps5b7bd8a5.png photo grovestead_zpsa872b0de.png  photo bees_zps9cbb22f2.png  photo contact_zps6de91cd9.png

fabric flower pots

Mom and I got crafty on Wednesday at put together these little bouquets. I had a vision in my head ever since I made the fabric flower wall art. I had no idea what sort of container I would put them in until I found the red pepper shakers (like the ones they have on pizzeria tables...) at Michaels in the dollar aisle. It's perfect...the holes in the shaker keep the flowers in place!

I found some wire in the jewelry section and the buttons were from my grandma harrington. I love everything about this project. I could see making a bouquet to go by each place setting for easter or a special brunch...super fun stuff.

And the possibilities of colors and candy are endless! I am eager to try Pinks and Red fabric with heart candy at Valentines or fall fabric with colored corn for harvest....

And! I forgot to mention that my sister, Annika, posted pictures of the headbands I made for her girls using the same fabric flowers... Check it out here.

9 comments:

Renee said...

too cute!! Love it! Good job, Becca!

Renee said...

me again! I showed these to the girls I work with and we've all fallen in love. The craft girl thinks they'd be great for the residents here! So, we're wondering, how did you attach the flowers to the wire? Hot glue is my first guess but maybe you have a secret...

Becca Groves said...

Renee,
My mom actually figured out that we could bend the wire through the back side of the flower and bend the tip down a bit peaking through the front to secure the flower. Then we used fabric glue to glue our button or smaller flower over the wire to cover it up.

I'll try to post some pictures this weekend of the step by step...because YES! your residents could do this...You might want to get fake flowers. But the hand stitching of the flowers isn't all that hard and they'll probably enjoy quick stitching again as long as they still have their eye site and finger flexibility...

I'll post more how-to later.

annika said...

Mara and Sonna were most impressed with the jelly beans. "Ohhh, can I have some?!" (:
Cute ideas for making them appropriate for the seasons of the year!

Renee said...

I'll look forward to a how-to! We thought we could ask our craft volunteer to make the all/a majority of the flowers ahead of time (you're right about the eye site and finger coordination. It's always something we need to keep in mind.). If the flowers are pre-made, though, the residents can assemble, tie on ribbon, choose their colors, fill the vase, etc.

I'm going to make some too!

marta said...

super cute. i really like the jelly beans in the vase. so happy to meet you, crafty girl.

Brooke said...

So very darling!! I'm really into fabric flowers, well, flowers of ANY kind, so this is such a fun project to see. I found you on Blue Cricket's link party. Have a great day!

Alisha said...

I LOVEEEEEE these!!! My husband and I made these with our Cub Scouts this past Mothers day....found them here on your blog so I thank you for that!!! you would not believe how intensly ethusiastic these 5, little, 8 yr old BOYS were while making these for their mothers...Potsdam NY Cub Scouts refer to your blog for neat craft ideas sooooo keep em comin ;)again thank you!

Becca Groves said...

Alisha I'm so happy you guys are finding fun ideas here. I have sort of been in a creative lull since having my baby, but this comment got me excited again. Maybe even motivated to dig out some supplies! :) Thank you!