Becca Groves Header
 photo home_zps1cc7d3c8.png photo start_zpsa2c6c1a1.png photo motherhood_zps5b7bd8a5.png photo grovestead_zpsa872b0de.png  photo bees_zps9cbb22f2.png  photo contact_zps6de91cd9.png

the frenchy bag

My mom came to visit! We were talking on Sunday afternoon, asking each other what our plans were for the week ahead. I told her Rory was going skiing this week in Colorado for a much needed break from his business. And we both realized we each had a pretty open week ahead of us...and so she hopped in the car on Monday and was in Omaha by the time I got off of work!

We actually met at the fabric store right when she got into town and I picked out my fabric for this bag she wanted to sew for her three Harrington girls. Annika had found the pattern and picked out fabric for herself and Stephanie. I picked fabric by moda and I adore the bag. It is an Amy Butler design called The Frenchy Bag.

When I left for work on Tuesday morning the fabric was laying by her sewing machine, and when I came home nine hours later the fabric had magically turned into this bag. It was amazing!

We went to the Olive Garden Tuesday night for salad and breadsticks, went for a walk yesterday afternoon to the post office to send packages to all of the grandkids and last night worked on fabric flower bouquets while watching Pride and Prejudice. Followed by a late Thai dinner.

A girl like me could never have enough mama time. Today she's driving home and I miss her already.

2 comments:

Lisa Groves said...

Oh I love this bag! I would love to try it sometime. I too am looking forward to mama time when my mama comes to live here next month! Maybe we'll we'll start with this project!

Unknown said...

How cute is that bag? Very cute, that's how!