Becca Groves Header
 photo home_zps1cc7d3c8.png photo start_zpsa2c6c1a1.png photo motherhood_zps5b7bd8a5.png photo grovestead_zpsa872b0de.png  photo bees_zps9cbb22f2.png  photo contact_zps6de91cd9.png

I've got gadgets and gizmos a plenty...

...I've got whosits and whatsits galore.
I love a good kitchen gadget. I am a sucker for a good infomercial. I love watching the vendors at the State Fair make their pitch as to why my life isn't complete until I own their product (Note: That claim was actually true. My life wasn't complete until I got my state fair knives.)


Turns out my love for kitchen choppers and blenders and citrus squeezers is actually genetic. I get it from my Great Grandpa Anderson. The french fry cutter above is from him. And so is the Food Glamorizer below. What does it do, you ask? It galmorizes.
When I was growing up, my grandparents gave all of their grandkids $25 for Christmas. We would get our check in the mail around Thanksgiving and then it was our job to pick something out, wrap it up and bring it to the family Christmas. We would sit in a circle and open our present in front of Grandma and Grandpa so that they could see what we purchased with their money.


In seventh grade I spent my $25 on a Braun hand blender. And guess what? I still have it, and I still use it. Best $25 bucks I spent in 7th grade.
So you can only imagine how excited I was when I got a gift card to Williams Sonoma from my brother-in-law Troy for Christmas. Talk about kid in a candy shop. I took my time with the card. I spent a whole lot of time on their website looking through all of my purchase options. As I worked in my own kitchen I wondered what would be the ultimate kitchen gadget to assist in my daily meal prep. I decided that the one thing I hate most in all of food prep is chopping onions. And so there, in the fruit and vegetable tools section I found it. It is the Professional Multi-Chopper. It slices. It dices. It is dishwasher safe. It is compact for storing. The only tears you will shed while chopping your onions are tears of joy. It is a bit loud as you slam through your produce, and you have to be a bit aggressive to get your potatoes through, but honestly the time this baby saves is awesome. And I know Great Grandpa Anderson would approve.

No comments: